SUSTAINABLE WETLAND ECOLOGY
Step into the saltmarsh and discover what plants and animals call this productive ecosystem home. Students will discover and discuss the importance of this vital coastal ecosystem as they engage in a service learning project at CBFS’s Living Shoreline.
- Use observations to come up with a definition of a wetland
- Understand and define different marsh habitat zones
- Experience different factors contributing to ecological importance of a salt marsh
- Describe the pathways of energy and matter in a marsh ecosystem
- Discuss historical, cultural, and ecological importance of the oyster and the salt marsh
- Participate in stewardship activities helping to maintain a Living Shoreline