AQUARIUM CHEMISTRY &
Maintaining the health of organisms in tanks is a big part of what we do at the Field Station and an important aspect of marine science and marine biology. Students will dive right into tank maintenance here at the Field Station by performing tests and assessing water quality, make decisions on how to improve water quality in tanks, and learn the importance of proper animal husbandry. The class will end with the students debating the ethics of keeping live animals in aquariums.
- Learn how CBFS takes care of our animals.
- Understand the chemistry and biology behind aquarium maintenance.
- Perform a full water quality workup on an aquarium.
- Analyze water quality data to assess problems with an aquarium.
- Debate the ethics of keeping animals in captivity.