LIFE HISTORY OF ARTHROPODS
84% of all animals are arthropods according to the Encyclopedia Britannica. They are an extremely diverse and abundant phylum that has ancient evolutionary origins. Ever wonder how modern day arthropods came to be? Students will be using the arthropods they collect to investigate natural selection and evolution.
- Understand the process of natural selection
- Learn the major groups of arthropods
- Investigate how different arthropods are adapted to their environment
- Discuss ancestral arthropods and how they evolved to modern day organisms
- Learn how to distinguish the arthropod groups